Wednesday 21 November 2012

Rainbow Honey Pinkie Promise

Okay guys so tonight I tried out Rainbow Honey's Pinkie Promise for the first time. It is super adorable in the bottle and I was really excited to try it out, but sadly I picked a not so flattering base for it. I'm not super pleased with the overall outcome but the polish itself is lovely.

Pinkie Promise is a fun and shimmery pink base filled with hex
 and tinsel glitter in magenta, light blue, and gold - this polish calls for a party!

Japanese Rose Garden, Pink Flamenco, Manicurist of Seville




Okay so again I wanted to try it over more then one colour. My biggest problem was choosing Manicurist of Seville as the dominant base. I love this colour, I've posted it before when I tried my french tips. It turned out a lot pinker in that lighting, here it was more purple. But it was far too dark to look good under Pinkie Promise in my opinion.



Pinkie Promise was another one that was a bit of a glitter explosion and I had some difficulty finding a happy medium between too many shapes and too little. I even dabbed so hard on my left hand middle finger that I smudged the polish underneath, although I don't think you can see it.





I completely think having the lighter pinks under Pinkie Promise was a much nicer choice. I think it is such a playful polish it was definitely best geared toward a brighter happier colour. Although I give it an A+ for awesomness I'm probably not keeping this manicure on even over night.

1 comment:

  1. This one is definitely a party but yeah, you kind of have to keep it light for Pinkie Pie. Your ring finger looks REALLY nice though.

    Btw, I left you a Liebster Award. Can't wait to see what I can learn about you ;)

    ReplyDelete